Surplus Sales Operation Status During COVID
The Surplus Sales Warehouse will be open by appointment ONLY Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:00 am - 3:30 pm. To schedule an appointment please email email@example.com or call the office at (858)534-2844. All customers will be required to wear a face-covering and adhere to a symptom screening prior to entering the warehouse.
UC San Diego collects two kinds of information on this site:
- Personal information that is voluntarily supplied by visitors to this site who register for and use services that require such information. This information is collected for the purpose of differentiating site users and communicating with customers who are involved in the bidding and purchase of Surplus items. If you choose to register for our site for the purpose of bidding on or purchasing surplus items, you will be required to provide certain personal information that we need to process your request and purchase. This site automatically recognizes and records certain non-personal information, including the name of the domain and host. This personal information includes:
- Customer Name
- Customer Email
- Customer Phone
- Customer Address
- Information that is automatically collected as visitors navigate through this site.
When we receive personal information from one of our clients in order to carry out a service we process that information on their behalf. When we act in this capacity, our client determines the purpose for which the information was collected and how we should use it.
UC San Diego do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We may provide aggregated statistical data to reputable third-party agencies, but this data will include no personally identifying information. This may be done for the purposes of collecting website analytics to drive marketing campaigns and site offerings. Our marketing campaigns are operated and completed by a team within the Surplus Sales organization and the Business and Financial Services department and personal information is not shared beyond that team. We may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with law.
- Enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements.
- Protect the rights, property or safety of UC San Diego, our users, or others.
This site is hosted using a third party service, Rainworx. All information collected via the website registration form is stored on the Rainworx secure servers. Any site registrant is also subject to their information disclosure policy:
To comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, to protect RainWorx Hosting's systems and customers, or to ensure the integrity and operation of RainWorx Hosting's business and systems, RainWorx Hosting may access and disclose any information it considers necessary or appropriate, including, without limitation, user profile information (i.e., name, e-mail address, etc.), IP addressing and traffic information, usage history, and content residing on RainWorx Hosting's servers and systems.
Rainworx Hosting Agreement: https://www.rainworx.com/Hosting/Agreement
HOW UC SAN DIEGO USES THIS INFORMATION
The personal information collected is stored indefinitely in our inventory system and internally on our website as it is required for use of our site and to purchase items at Surplus Sales. Information can be deleted upon request from the customer and will be removed completely from both our inventory system and from our website. Any customer who requests information to be deleted will no longer be able to utilize our site for purchasing or bidding.
- UC San Diego Surplus Sales
- UC San Diego Privacy Office